- This event has passed.
GEO Climate Policy and Finance Workshop
September 21, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - September 23, 2021 @ 12:00 pm CESTFree
WGIC Executive Director, Barbara Ryan will be speaking at this event.
The theme of the GEO Climate Policy and Finance Workshop is “Earth observations for climate ambition” and reflects the GEO focus on the role of Earth observations in supporting national climate action and the overall Global Stocktake process under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Paris Agreement.
- Discuss ongoing results of the GEO Climate Change Working Group (CC-WG), and to foster collaboration with Key Earth observation and climate partners;
- Explore the role of Earth observation to support investment decisions for climate resilience and Nature-based Solutions;
- Measure the level of readiness in the GEO community, and expand relevant collaborations with the sustainable finance sector;
- Ultimately, the workshop will help GEO prepare for the upcoming 26th Conference of the Parties (COP26) to the UNFCCC, to be held in Glasgow, Scotland, in November 2021;
- Include two days dedicated to the ongoing mapping of climate-related activities in the GEO Work Programme.
Register to join this event.